Monday, February 7, 2011

Paint on paper!

I took the masque (rubber cement type stuff that protects the white of the paper) off two paintings that I had started in early December.  Thanks goodness that it CAME off!  If this were August, it might have been stuck on for good.  One is a close up of lavender in a field and the other is the official Henke Ranch pun: a cedar tree growing up in the middle of an old  farm implement called a seeder.
I was tempted to do 100 organizational things like refilling all of my paint wells, and neatening up my files, but I got started and actually put paint on paper instead.  Are you proud of me?  I am.
In other arenas of encouragement, I have been listed by The Arts at Hill Country Scene as a Boerne artist.  I guess that means that I will have to finish these paintings and do some more! 
Nan Henke
Texas Hill Country Art

No comments: