Monday, August 22, 2011

A quick survey of my own and two of my sisters' photo files came up with 16 contenders for a new Colorado painting, which I narrowed to 6.  Here they are. 

 Some have people in them, which usually does not go over well with anyone but the people involved!

 Others lack sunlight to clearly define the lines of the mountains, trees and snow.
 The Birthday balloons are cute, and if I add sunlight, would brighten the whole thing up a bit!
And then there is the old fall-back: same scene, slightly to the left of the first painting!
Stay tuned for a decision....

Nan Henke
Texas Hill Country Art

1 comment:

UserName53226 said...

Nan!! I just read your post. You are too funny! :) I love your Colorado photos. Thank you for posting them. Are we voting?! Which ones do you most connect with? Which evoke the most emotion in you? They're the ones with a lot of blue in them, right? :) I like the top pic best (big view), and maybe the bottom pic, too (peek-a-boo trees). I think. If I can remember. I can't see them while I type this. I'm confident that with your paintbrush you'll translate any photo into a lovely story. A photo can be beautiful, yet it often serves a function, like the name plate on a house, providing the facts about who lives where. A painting goes beyond facts. It allows you to look beyond the name plate and walk through the front door. A photo can show you what someone else has seen, while a painting takes another step to give you your own view. Whichever photo you use as your inspiration, I'm confidnt your painting will be delightful! I can't believe you're doing this! You're so much fun! Thanks again, Lisa