Friday, April 5, 2013

photos for art



When someone commissions a painting based on an existing piece of art ("I want something like that") I still have to find a reference photo, because working from another painting is an invitation to lifelessness in art.  But the Bluebonnet and Indian Paintbrush photo seems to be long gone.  Or maybe it predates my digital files and I am unwilling to sift through boxes... 
So I hunted for a great new photo with both of those flowers and did not find one.  If I can't take a really fabulous one in the next few days (thank goodness they are both in bloom!) then I will need to combine two shots.  On the top are the current candidates.  But one is more of a close-up than the other and the light comes from different directions.  So on the bottom, you will see that I have flipped and shrunk the Indian Paintbrush.
Nan Henke
Texas Hill Country Art

No comments: